Friday, April 29, 2011

Wisdom in life

The kind of wisdom that the bible puts forth is very different from what is put forth in the world.

"Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom", James 3:13
It is a wisdom that says no to self-centredness, what's-in-it-for-me, envy, selfish ambition. Big words but many times I apply worldly wisdom in my life when I complain about why other drivers should give way to me when I have the right of way. Not that we should be overly considerate to others (that would make me too hesitant and ironically a dangerous driver), but to pause and consider others, to consider
"But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. Peacemakers who sow in peace reap a harvest of righteousness." James 3:17-18
It's also easier to consider these when things are fine. When things are not going well or when pressures of life and work surround, it's easy to slip into earthly wisdom.

Dear God, help me especially in times such as these, renew my spirit, remind me of the abundance of love that is for me, let me be filled with wisdom that is above..

No comments:

Post a Comment