Saturday, October 4, 2014

Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere..

Having finished my prayer tower slot at midnight but the next team didn't come. Was frustrated as it had been a long day and I hoped to go back to rest. Wife was with me as well and I really hoped that she could get back to rest too. 

So we stayed on to carry on with the prayer tower. And as I looked at the empty room and the lampstand which represented the presence of God, I sensed the presence of God there in the room. As I continued in prayer for SP, I was surprised that I didn't feel frustrated. Would I rather be resting on bed or be here in God's presence. Perhaps this is what it means that better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere... And in His presence everything will be alright and our hearts can be at rest in Him. 

Ps. We left prayer tower at around 1:15am after one sister from the other team rushed down to take over the prayer cover. 


No comments:

Post a Comment